This Week's Schedule
Wednesday, Nov. 17
Men's Basketball vs. Bryn Athyn, 7:30
Thursday, Nov. 18
Women's Basketball vs. York (Pa.), 7:30
Saturday, Nov. 20
Women's Basketball vs. Bryn Mawr, 1:00
Wrestling at Star City Duals, 2:00
Men's Basketball vs. Hood (at Stevenson – Pride of Maryland), 3:00
Sunday, Nov. 21
Wrestling at Star City Classic, 9:30
Tuesday, Nov. 23
Men's Basketball vs. Dickinson, 6:30
Women's Basketball at Dickinson, 7:00
LAST TIME OUT: McDaniel built a nine-point halftime lead and defeated Lycoming 73-62 to go 2-0 at the Crosstown Challenge on Saturday.
• McDaniel opens the home schedule on Wednesday with 634 days since the last time the Green Terror took to the Gill Center court for a competitive game. The Green Terror plays two of its next three games – and four of the next six – at home before not playing a game in Westminster again until Jan. 8. The two road games in during the current stretch are combined fewer than 50 miles worth of travel with games at Stevenson and Gettysburg.
• Mike Wallace started his senior year with a bang. He netted 62 points over the first two games, including pouring in 37 points in the win at Lycoming. It was the most points by a Green Terror player since John Feldman netted 39 against Moravian on Feb. 14, 1976. Wallace earned CC Player of the Week honors for his 31.0 ppg average last week and currently ranks second in the conference in scoring behind Johns Hopkins' Connor Delaney's 34.5 in two games.
• The conference schedule opens next Tuesday at home against Dickinson. McDaniel was picked to finish 10th in the preseason poll of coaches and athletics communications directors. Johns Hopkins was the preseason favorite with 155 points and 11 first-place votes, edging Swarthmore, which accumulated 151 points and eight first-place nods.
LAST TIME OUT: McDaniel dropped a 45-43 decision to Catholic in the championship game of the Rebecca Martin Memorial Tipoff Tournament on Saturday.
• McDaniel is 2-2 in the early season despite not scoring more than 53 points in any game this season. The Green Terror is 2-0 when reaching 50 points this season, averaging 52.5 ppg in the two wins, but 0-2 when failing to reach that mark, averaging 44.5 ppg in the two losses. Defensively, however, McDaniel has allowed just one of its first four opponents to score more than 45 points. The Green Terror is 11th in the conference in scoring offense (48.3) but third in scoring defense – and second among teams with more than one game played this season (49.5).
• Josey Klingenberg is currently second in the conference in assists, handing out an average of 5.0 assists per game. She is also seventh in the league in steals at 2.8 per contest. Klingenberg has had no fewer than four assists in all four games and had two or more steals in each contest. She recorded season highs in both on Saturday against Catholic with six assists and four steals.
• The conference schedule opens on Saturday at home against Bryn Mawr in McDaniel's final home game until Jan. 5. The Green Terror was slotted 10th in the preseason poll of coaches and athletics communications directors with 62 points. Gettysburg claimed the title of preseason favorites with 190 points and 15 first-place votes.
LAST TIME OUT: McDaniel went 4-0 at the Green Terror Duals on Sunday.
• The Green Terror notched 16 pins in four matches at the Green Terror Duals. Of those 16 falls, half happened in the first minute of the match and all but four terminated the match before the first period expired. Alex LaVeck led the way with four pins to earn CC Wrestler of the Week honors. Among his falls was a nine-second takedown in the Rowan College South Jersey match. The fall is the second fastest in program history.