Randolph-Macon (1-0) 6, McDaniel (0-1) 0
What: Non-Conference field hockey game
When: Friday, Aug. 30
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
Randolph-Macon broke open a scoreless deadlock 2:52 into the third quarter en route to a 6-0 win over McDaniel.
FOR THE FOES
• Austyn Faries scored two goals and added an assist to lead the Yellow Jackets.
• Madison McCoy chipped in a pair of goals.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• After a scoreless first half in which there were just three combined shots, Austyn Faries scored on Randolph-Macon's second shot of the third quarter, finishing a Maria Teresa Ambrogi-Torres pass from the right baseline.
• Claire Magill knocked home a Katie Tanner pass from the baseline just shy of six minutes later.
• Madison McCoy blasted home a shot in the 41st minute for a 3-0 lead after three quarters.
• Faries and McCoy each scored their second markers 92 seconds apart in the fourth quarter before Kaylene Thomas finished the scoring with just under a minute to play.
THE INSIDE STORY
• Randolph-Macon finished with a 16-1 advantage in shots.
• The Yellow Jackets had a 6-5 edge in penalty corners.
McDaniel returns to action at home against Notre Dame (Md.) on Wednesday. Game time is 7 p.m.