McDaniel (3-1) 73, Christendom (0-4) 38
What: Non-Conference men's basketball game
When: Friday, Nov. 22
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel used a 15-0 run for a 24-6 lead to take control of the game with 11:55 to play in the opening half, ultimately defeating Christendom, 73-38.
• Greg Scarborough (Halethorpe, Md./Lansdowne) chipped in eight points for the Green Terror – one of five players with six or more points.
• Josh Sproul (Princess Anne, Md./Washington Academy) led the way with 18 points and three assists. He went 6-for-6 from the floor, including hitting all four 3-point attempts.
• Che Colbert (Glen Burnie, Md./Broadneck) established a career high with nine points.
• Sam Beverly (Baltimore, Md./Baltimore City College) added six points, 10 rebounds and four assists.
FOR THE FOES
• Joe Dotson led the Crusaders with 14 points.
• Owen Kennedy had nine points and eight rebounds.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Tied at 2-all after Kaelen Kanealey (Rochester, N.Y./Irondequoit) and Owen Kennedy traded baskets, Josh Sproul hit a 3-pointer and jumper for a 7-2 lead with 18:23 to play. Holding a 9-6 lead, a Greg Scarborough steal-and-slam with 15:33 to play ignited the game-clinching 15-0 run over the next 3:38. Sproul hit a pair of triples during the run. The first-half lead swelled to 28-8 on a Sproul pull-up jumper on the break and the Green Terror methodically pushed the lead out to 45-12 at the intermission.
• Two Scarborough layups on either side of two Sproul free throws extended the lead to 51-12 before Christendom scored the next 10 points. Quinn Kimmick (New Egypt, N.J./New Egypt) halted the 7-minute, 20-second drought with a layup. Seven straight points from Che Colbert stretched the advantage to 60-22 with 8:14 to play. The lead grew as large as 44 on Babacar Diagne's (Chantilly, Va./Blue Ridge School) first Green Terror points with 4:37 to play.
THE INSIDE STORY
• Thirteen of the 19 McDaniel players in uniform scored at least two points in the contest.
• McDaniel shot 18-for-30 from the floor (60.0 percent) in the first half.
McDaniel returns to action in the Centennial Conference opener against Johns Hopkins on Tuesday. Game time is 8 p.m.