Dickinson (2-14, 2-7 CC) 76, McDaniel (5-11, 1-8 CC) 56
What: Centennial Conference (CC) men's basketball game
When: Wednesday, Jan. 22
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
Dickinson scored the first nine points and never looked back in a 76-56 win over McDaniel.
FOR THE FOES
• Ryan Robinson led the Red Devils with 19 points and seven rebounds.
• Bryce Allen added 18 points, six rebounds, five assists and seven steals.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• KJ Holton hit the second of two free throws on a third-chance attempt on Dickinson's first possession. A Ryan Robinson 3-pointer and five straight points from Bryce Allen stretched the lead to 9-0 just 3:43 into the game. Che Colbert (Glen Burnie, Md./Broadneck) hit a layup with 15:18 showing for McDaniel's first points. The Red Devils stretched the lead to 13 on back-to-back triples from Robinson and Allen, making it 18-5 with 12:28 on the clock. Stephen Lang (Gaithersburg, Md./Poolesville) closed the margin to 26-15 on a 3-pointer with 7:19 to play but Dickinson put together a 16-2 run to open up a 25-point lead before a Greg Scarborough layup in the waning seconds made it a 42-19 game at the break.
• The Red Devil lead in the second half remained between 22 and 29 points until an Allen three-point play with 4:23 remaining made it a 73-43 game. The Green Terror did close the game on a 13-3 run to trim the final deficit to 20.
THE INSIDE STORY
• Mike Wallace reached double figures for the fourth straight game.
McDaniel returns to action at No. 1 Swarthmore on Saturday. Game time is 3 p.m.