Muhlenberg (15-6, 8-6 CC) 81, McDaniel (5-16, 1-13 CC) 62
What: Centennial Conference (CC) men's basketball game
When: Saturday, Feb. 8
Where: Allentown, Pa.
THE SKINNY STORY
Muhlenberg raced out to an 18-6 lead in the first five minutes of the game and never looked back in an 81-62 win over McDaniel.
• Mike Wallace (Wilmington, Del./Salesianum) led the Green Terror with 20 points, six rebounds and three assists.
• Che Colbert (Glen Burnie, Md./Broadneck) added 10 points and five rebounds.
FOR THE FOES
• Matt Gnias led five players in double figures for the Mules with 19 points and five assists.
• Nate Henty Brown added 12 points and nine rebounds.
• Dan Gaines had 11 points, six rebounds and seven assists.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• After Justin Allen and Josh Sproul (Princess Anne, Md./Washington Academy) traded layups in the first minute of the game, Allen hits another layup and Nate Henty Brown drained the first of the many triples on the day. The run extended to 13-0 before Sproul hit another layup. Henty Brown, however, responded with the fourth Mule trey of the day for an 18-6 lead with 15:02 remaining. Mike Wallace cut the deficit to 26-18 on a layup with 6:40 to play but Muhlenberg closed the half on a 26-5 run that included hitting eight more 3-pointers for a 52-23 lead at the break.
• Kaelen Kanealey (Rochester, N.Y./Irondequoit) and Wallace each converted baskets in the first minute of the second half to close the margin to 25 but the Mules eventually pushed the lead out to 62-32 with 14:10 remaining. Trailing 77-53, Che Colbert converted a three-point play with 3:53 showing to start a 9-2 surge that closed the deficit under 20 for the first time in the half.
THE INSIDE STORY
• Muhlenberg connected on 18 3-pointers in the game.
McDaniel returns to action at Gettysburg on Wednesday. Game time is 6 p.m.