McDaniel tops field of 14 teams with 598
What: Guy and Jeanne Kuhn Invitational in men's golf action
When: Saturday, Sept.8-Monday, Sept. 10
Where: Country Club of Meadville – Meadville, Pa.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel won its first tournament of the season, posting a tournament-low round of 295 on Monday to win by three strokes with a 36-hole score of 598. The Green Terror was third with a round of 303 after Saturday's round.
• Chuck Csejka (Orange, Conn./Amity Regional) finished fourth overall with matching rounds of 73 to finish with a score of 146.
• Kevin Keane (Bethesda, Md./Walt Whitman) placed 11th overall with a score of 150. He posted an even-par score of 72 on Saturday.
• Christian Garruppo (Hilton Head, S.C./Hilton Head Prep) was 12th overall with a score of 141, including a round of 74 on Monday.
FOR THE FOES
• Abe Holmes (Gannon) and Aleksander Overli (Rochester) each posted total scores of 144 for low honors.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Collin MacDonald (Beverly, Mass./Beverly) tied for 19th overall with a score of 154 that included a one-over par 73 on Monday.
• Shawn MacBurnie (Beverly, Mass./St. Mary's Lynn) finished tied for 38th with a score of 158 (83-75).
• Playing as an individual, Jack Ouellette (Marlborough, Mass./St. John's) was 23rd overall with a score of 155 (79-76).
THE INSIDE STORY
• The tournament was originally scheduled to be played on Sunday and Monday. Weather, however, forced the first round to be played on Saturday afternoon while the final round was played on Monday.
McDaniel sends the B-Team to the Dickinson Fall Invitational on Tuesday before the A-Team returns to action at the Elizabethtown Fall Invitational on Tuesday, Sept. 18.