McDaniel finishes first with 302
What: Moravian Weyhill Classic in men's golf action
When: Monday, Sept. 24
Where: Saucon Valley – Center Valley, Pa.
THE SKINNY STORY
Playing its third competitive round in three days, McDaniel fired a round of 302 to win the Moravian Weyhill Classic by 13 strokes at Saucon Valley.
• Collin MacDonald (Beverly, Mass./Beverly) won the individual crown with a round of one-under par 71.
• Kevin Keane (Bethesda, Md./Walt Whitman) added a round of 74 to place third overall.
• Chuck Csejka (Orange, Conn./Amity Regional) rounded out a trio of top-five finishers in fifth place with a score of 75.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Playing as an individual, Jack Ouellette (Marlborough, Mass./St. John's) carded a round of 80 to place 12th.
• Shawn MacBurnie (Beverly, Mass./St. Mary's Lynn) fired a round of 82 to place 19th.
• Christian Garruppo (Hilton Head, S.C./Hilton Head Prep) carded a round of 83 to finish 25th.
THE INSIDE STORY
• Collin MacDonald's one-under par 71 was his second consecutive sub-par round. It was also hisfirst individual tournament title.
• It was the second tournament win of the fall for the Green Terror. The A-Team has competed in four tournaments this fall.
McDaniel returns to action at the Oglethorpe Royal Lakes Invitational on Monday and Tuesday.