McDaniel (4-0) 3, Shenandoah (2-3) 1
What: Non-conference men's soccer game
When: Sunday, Sept. 8
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel scored three goals in the final 28 minutes to overcome an early 1-0 lead and top Shenandoah, 3-1.
• Khaled Abuhantash (Mililani, Hawaii/North Harford [Md.]) keyed the victory with the game-winning goal in the 67th minute.
FOR THE FOES
• Dimitri Gelios scored the early goal for the Hornets.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Dimitri Gelios finished in the upper-right corner from short range off a pass from Branden Gallant to give Shenandoah a 1-0 lead just 2:08 into the game.
• Nick Starr (York, Pa./Central York) finished across the box off a pass from Cam Gebhart (Red Lion, Pa./Red Lion Area) to even the game 17 minutes into the second half.
• Just over four minutes later, Khaled Abuhantash knocked the go-ahead goal into the lower-right corner.
• Jacob Wells (Hanover, Pa./South Western) converted a penalty kick with about eight minutes to play for the final margin.
THE INSIDE STORY
• Jacob Wells had an assist to go with his one goal.
• McDaniel finished with a 13-3 advantage in shots and a 6-5 edge in corner kicks.
McDaniel returns to action at Albright on Tuesday. Game time is 7 p.m.