McDaniel (8-0, 1-0 CC) 3, Ursinus (3-3, 0-1 CC) 1
What: Centennial Conference (CC) men's soccer game
When: Saturday, Sept. 21
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel scored a pair of second-half goals to open the Centennial Conference slate with a victory, topping Ursinus, 3-1.
• Nick Starr (York, Pa./Central York) led the Green Terror with assists on all three goals.
FOR THE FOES
• Aiden Cooper scored in the eighth minute to stake the Bears to an early lead.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Aiden Cooper finished an unassisted tally just 7:15 into the game.
• Ursinus held that advantage until Nick Starr was able to find Nick Bowman (York, Pa./York Suburban), who finished from close range to tie the game in the 36th minute.
• On a corner kick in the 57th minute, Khaled Abuhantash (Milalani, Hawaii/North Harford [Md.]) put a ball on the back post that Starr headed to Pat Palin (Ellicott City, Md./Mt. Hebron), who headed it home for a 2-1 lead.
• Starr then found Jacob Wells (Hanover, Pa./South Western) for an insurance goal in the 82nd minute.
THE INSIDE STORY
• McDaniel finished with an 18-7 advantage in shots. However, the teams combined to put just six of the 25 shots on frame.
• The Green Terror also had a 12-4 advantage in corner kicks.
McDaniel returns to action at home against St. Vincent on Tuesday. Game time is 4 p.m.