McDaniel (9-0) 8, St. Vincent (1-8) 0
What: Non-Conference men's soccer game
When: Tuesday, Sept. 24
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel scored six second-half goals to bust open the game and defeat St. Vincent, 8-0.
• Liam Ireland (Wantagh, N.Y./Wantagh) led the Green Terror with his first collegiate hat trick. The sophomore entered the game with two career tallies.
• Nick Starr (York, Pa./Central York) added a pair of goals, including the first tally off a corner.
FOR THE FOES
• Zachary Gibbons made four saves for the Bearcats in the first 65 minutes.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Nick Starr headed home a Khaled Abuhantash (Milani, Hawaii/North Harford [Md.]) corner kick for a 1-0 lead just 6:04 into the game.
• Gabriel Brusco (Middletown, Md./Middletown) found Liam Ireland, who finished into the left side in the 38th minute for a 2-0 lead.
• Ireland finished a Corey Long pass just 2:45 into the second half to push the lead to 3-0.
• Jacob Wells (Hanover, Pa./South Western) found Starr from the right side just four minutes later to stretch the lead to four.
• Rob Heckman (Lititz, Pa./Warwick) and Jaylen Clark (Baltimore, Md./Catonsville) finished solo runs approximately two minutes apart for a 6-0 lead in the 58th minute.
• Ireland capped his hat trick in the 82nd minute before Abuhantash found the back of the net from outside in the 89th minute.
THE INSIDE STORY
• McDaniel finished with a 19-1 advantage in shots, controlling possession for nearly 70 percent of the contest.
• The Green Terror also had a 3-1 edge in corner kicks.
• Gabriel Brusco tallied his first collegiate point with the first-half assist.
• For Jaylen Clark, it was his first goal of the season.
McDaniel returns to action at Dickinson on Saturday. Game time is 4 p.m.