Washington (Md.) (6-4-1, 1-2-1 CC) 3, McDaniel (9-3, 1-3 CC) 2 (OT)
What: Centennial Conference (CC) men's soccer game
When: Saturday, Oct. 5
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
Washington (Md.) scored the game-tying goal in the 83rd minute before getting the game-winner midway through the first overtime to top McDaniel, 3-2.
FOR THE FOES
• Greg Adams scored both the game-tying and game-winning goal for the Shoremen.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Jacob Wells opened the scoring into the right side of the goal for a 1-0 lead at the 14:58 mark.
• Cole Gifford drew Washington even just shy of 20 minutes later, finding the lower-left side in the 35th minute.
• Corey Long put the hosts back in front just 4:54 before halftime.
• The lead held until Kyle Gaeffke found Greg Adams that he finished top shelf with 7:40 to play in regulation.
• Adams then got behind the defense and finished the game-winner at the 95:46 mark.
THE INSIDE STORY
• McDaniel had an 8-6 edge in shots.
• Washington ended with a 3-2 edge in corner kicks.
McDaniel returns to action at Haverford on Friday. Game time is 4 p.m.