McDaniel places 7th
What: ECAC Division III men's indoor track and field championship
When: Friday-Saturday, Mar. 1-2
Where: New York City, N.Y. – New Balance T&F Center at The Armory
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel recorded an individual victory and a established a new program record to lead the way to a seventh-place finish at the 2019 ECAC Div. III men's indoor track and field championship. The Green Terror finished with 36 points.
• The 4x400-meter relay finished second in the field. The foursome of Caleb White (Glen Burnie, Md./Baltimore City College), Miky Kisi (Baltimore, Md./Archbishop Curley), Kai Samuels (Pasadena, Md./Northeast) and Micahel Gallagher (Elko, Nev./Elko) combined for a time of 3:25.87 – two seconds faster than the previous best mark.
• Gavin Gibson (Newark, Del./Sanford) won the 800 to capture the squad's lone gold medal. He turned in his second-fastest indoor trim with a mark of 1:56.11 to win the race.
FOR THE FOES:
• Salisbury won the team title with 132.5 points, outdistancing Penn State-Harrisburg by 78 points.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• The 4x200-meter relay of Caleb White, Miky Kisi, Jamie Mintz (Baltimore, Md./Benjamin Franklin) and Michael Gallagher posted the No. 2 time in program history to finish third in the race. The quartet combined for a time of 1:33.13.
• Miky Kisi also posted a personal-best time of 1:08.39 to finish eighth in the 500, improving his No. 4 all-time mark.
• Kai Samuels was ninth in the same event, turning in the No. 5 time in program history with a time of 1:08.78.
• Billy Emerson (Germantown, Md./Watkins Mill) was third in the shot put with a throw of 15.30 meters.
• The distance medley relay finished fourth with a time of 10:52.43. The quartet of Gibson, Kisi, Samuels and Shaun Thompson (Mt. Airy, Md./Glenelg) ranks 10th all-time.
• Thompson rounded out the individual performers, finishing 12th in the 1000 with a time of 2:46.19.
McDaniel opens the outdoor season at the Navy Spring Meet on Saturday, Mar. 30.