McDaniel competes at Diplomat Open
What: Men's indoor track and field meet
When: Saturday, Dec. 7
Where: Lancaster, Pa.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel opened the season with 13 conference qualifiers and four all-time top-10 marks at the Diplomat Open hosted by Franklin & Marshall.
• Kevin Monroe (Clarksburg, Md./Clarksburg) finished fifth in the 60 with a time of 7.11 seconds. The CC-qualifying ranks second in program history – just 0.01 second off the program record. He also placed ninth in the 200, hitting the conference qualifier with a time of 23.30 seconds. His time ranks third in program history.
FOR THE FOES:
• There were no team scores at the season-opening meet.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Jamie Mintz (Baltimore, Md./Benjamin Franklin) was seventh in the 60 with a personal-best time of 7.21 seconds to hit the CC-qualifying mark. His time ranks third in program history.
• Miky Kisi (Baltimore, Md./Archbishop Curley) finished sixth in the 400 with a CC-qualifying time of 53.84 seconds.
• Rodney Lewis III (Williamsburg, Va./Warhill) placed 11th in the long jump with a conference-qualifying jump of 6.01 meters. He also hit the conference mark in the 200 with a time of 24.54 seconds, finishing 32nd.
• Patrick Smith (Frederick, Md./Gov. Thomas Johnson) was 18th in the long jump, hitting the CC-qualifying standard with a jump of 5.71 meters.
• Nick Razze (Pitman, N.J./Pitman) placed 13th in the 60 hurdles with a time of 9.50 seconds. The conference-qualifying time ranks seventh in program history. He was also 22nd in the 200, hitting the CC qualifier with a time of 24.17 seconds.
• Michael Gallagher (Elko, Nev./Elko) finished 13th in the 200 with a CC-qualifying and personal-best time of 23.60 seconds.
• Zachary Stango (Burtonsville, Md./Paint Branch) was 15th in the 200 with a conference-qualifying and personal-best mark of 23.78 seconds.
• Michael Corinaldi placed 28th in the 200 with a time of 24.36 seconds, hitting the CC standard.
• Nick Villareal (Fleetwood, Pa./Berks Catholic) finished 15th in the weight throw with a personal-best throw of 8.49 meters. The mark ranks ninth in program history.
• Wyatt Farace (Owings Mills, Md./McDonogh) was 16th in the 5,000 with a time of 16:58.40. The freshman debuted at ninth on the program's all-time list.
• Collin Shriner (Frederick, Md./Oakdale) led a trio of runners in the 1,000 with a second-place finish and time of 2:51.85.
• The 4x400-meter B-relay of Razze, Kisi, Stango and Corinaldi placed third with a time of 3:34.06.
• The 1600-meter A relay of Lewis, Monroe, Mintz and Gallagher finished eighth with a time of 3:42.42.
• The 4x800-meter relay of Shriner, Stephen Porembski (Baltimore, Md./Archbishop Curley), Matthew Hutton and Evan Lowengrub (Washington, D.C./Woodrow Wilson) finished second with a time of 9:42.96.
McDaniel returns to action at the Orange and Maroon Classic on Friday and Saturday, Jan. 17-18.