McDaniel competes at Orange & Maroon Classic
What: Men's indoor track and field meet
When: Saturday, Jan. 18
Where: Selinsgrove, Pa.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel recorded five top-five finishes in its first action of 2020 at the Orange and Maroon Classic hosted by Susquehanna.
• Nick Razze (Pitman, N.J./Pitman) finished second in the 60 hurdles with a time of 8.90 seconds, which ranks second in program history. His mark also hit both the Centennial Conference- and ECAC-qualifying standards.
• Kevin Monroe (Clarksburg, Md./Clarksburg) finished second in the 200 with a time of 23.49 seconds. He was also fourth in the 60 with a time of 7.19 seconds. He qualified in the same position with a time of 7.21 seconds.
• Rodney Lewis III (Williamsburg, Va./Warhill) was third in the long jump with a mark of 6.21 meters. His conference-qualifying leap ranks ninth in program history. He was also 13th in the 200 with a time of 24.03 seconds, improving on his conference-qualifying mark.
• Jack Conjelko (Odenton, Md./Arundel) finished fifth in the 5,000 with a time of 16:00.61. His collegiate debut was not only a conference-qualifying time but also ranks fifth in program history.
FOR THE FOES:
• There were no team scores at the meet.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Miky Kisi (Baltimore, Md./Archbishop Curley) finished eighth in the 400 with a season-best time of 53.74 seconds.
• Zachary Stango (Burtonsville, Md./Paint Branch) hit the CC standard in the 400 with a personal-best time of 54.55 seconds. He was also 16th in the 200 with a time of 24.36 seconds.
• Marquez Hancock (Temple Hills, Md./Crossland) was 27th in the 200 with a CC-qualifying time of 24.81 seconds.
• The 4x400-meter relay of Miky Kisi, Zachary Stango, Keshawn Greene (Baltimore, Md./Dunbar) and Nick Razze won with a time of 3:35.96.
• The 4x200-meter relay of Rodney Lewis, Nick Razze, Marquez Hanock and Kevin Monroe finished second with a time of 1:36.08. The time ranks 10th in program history.
THE INSIDE STORY
• Malachi Thompson finished 17th in the long jump (5.11 meters) and 30th in the 60 (7.80 seconds).
• Keshawn Greene was 18th in the 400 (56.98 seconds).
• Diondre Carter was 27th in the 60 (7.74 seconds).
• Aaron Pray III placed 39th in the 60 (8.22 seconds).
• Roland Agyemang was 39th in the 200 (25.72 seconds).
• Patrick McDermott was 51st in the 200 (28.55 seconds).
• Collin Wainwright was 21st in the weight throw (9.46 meters) and 27th in the shot put (7.56 meters).
• Nick Villareal was 24th in the shot put (8.72 meters).
• Nick Cloutier placed 26th in the shot put (7.80 meters).
• Devaughn Smith was 28th in the shot put (6.63 meters).
• Collin Shriner finished 31st in the mile (4:55.95).
McDaniel returns to action at the Coach I Open at Franklin & Marshall on Saturday.