McDaniel competes at Larry Sharpe Invitational
What: Men's indoor track and field meet
When: Sunday, Feb. 16
Where: Hagerstown, Md. – Hagerstown CC
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel turned in six top-10 all-time marks at the Larry Sharpe Invitational hosted by Hagerstown CC.
• Kevin Monroe (Clarksburg, Md./Clarksburg) won both the 55 and 200. Monroe qualified first in the 55 with a program-record time of 6.39 seconds and won the finals with a time of 6.63 seconds. His 60-meter converted time of 6.87 seconds is an ECAC qualifier and currently ranks seventh in Division III. Monroe won the 200 with a time of 23.45 seconds and anchored the winning 4x200 to a time of 1:36.60.
• Nick Razze (Pitman, N.J./Pitman) won the 55 hurdles with a time of 7.99 seconds. His time is second in program history. He also won the high jump, clearing 1.72 meters. The Centennial Conference (CC)-qualifying mark ranks seventh in program history.
FOR THE FOES:
• There were no team scores at the meet.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Jalen Giles (North East, Md./North East) qualified third in the 55 with an ECAC-qualifying time of 6.60 seconds, which is fourth in program history. He was fourth in the finals with a time of 7.05 seconds. He was also 10th in the 200 (25.14 seconds).
• Nick Alberto (Cherry Hill, N.J./Cherry Hill West) qualified sixth in the 55 with a time of 6.97 seconds before placing sixth in the finals with a time of 7.12 seconds.
• Zachary Stango (Burtonsville, Md./Paint Branch) was second in the 200 with a time of 23.77 seconds. He was also second in the 500 with a time of 1:09.87. The time ranks 10th in program history.
• Jack Conjelko (Odenton, Md./Arundel) finished second in the mile with a time of 4:28.63, which ranks fifth in program history. His banked-converted time of 4:25.25 hits the ECAC-qualifying mark.
• Stephen Porembski (Baltimore, Md./Archbishop Curley) placed fifth in the 800 with a personal-best time of 2:11.20. The time hit the CC qualifier on the number.
• The 4x200-meter relay of Miky Kisi, Nick Alberto, Jalen Giles and Kevin Monroe won with a time of 1:36.60.
• The 4x400-meter A-relay of Miky Kisi, Zachary Stango, Jack Conjelko and Nick Razze won with a time of 3:35.53.
• The 4x400-meter B-relay of Collin Shriner, Steve Porembski, Matt Hutton and Patrick McDermott finished sixth (4:10.71).
THE INSIDE STORY
• Miky Kisi was seventh in the 200 (24.56 seconds).
• Collin Shriner placed fourth in the mile with a personal-best time of 4:44.14.
• Matthew Hutton was fifth in the 100 with a personal-best time of 3:13.22.
• Nick Villareal was ninth in the shot put (10.00 meters).
• Patrick McDermott was 17th in the 200 with a personal-best time of 27.49 seconds.
McDaniel returns to action at the Centennial Conference Championship hosted by Franklin & Marshall on Saturday and Sunday, Feb. 29 and Mar. 1.