McDaniel (18-9) 15, Trinity (D.C.) (0-9) 4 (5 inn.)
What: Centennial Conference (CC) softball game
When: Friday, Apr. 12
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel scored nine runs in the first inning to key a 15-4 win over Trinity (D.C.).
FOR THE FOES
• Allison Barrera had a two-run double in the fourth inning to lead the Tigers.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Mattie Whalen (Magnolia, N.J./Sterling) led off the bottom of the first with a double to center. A pair of walks and a Raegan Jackson two-run single made it a 2-0 game. After a walk, error and hit batter, Keilani Rebolla (Millersville, Md./Old Mill) singled down the line for a 5-0 lead. Three straight bases-loaded walks and a Jackson single capped the nine-run first inning.
• Three walks and a hit batter gave Trinity its first run with two outs in the fourth inning before a second hit batter and Allison Barrera two-run double into the gap made it 9-4.
• Megan Horsey (Elkton, Md./Bohemia Manor) and Madison Froemel (Suffolk, Va./Kings Fork) capped three-walk days to start the fourth before a Jackson single made it 10-4. Melinda Morgan (Elkton, Md./Bohemia Manor) followed with a two-run double and Miranda Thompson (Columbia, Md./Atholton) added a double of her own for a 13-4 advantage. Run-producing singles from Melissa Marini and Whalen set the final margin.
THE INSIDE STORY
• Game two was cancelled due to rain and wet field conditions.
• Paige Bleyer (Cambridge, Md./Cambridge South Dorchester) pitched 3 2/3 innings to pick up the win. She struck out seven.
• Mattie Whalen also had two hits.
• Melinda Morgan and Miranda Thompson had two RBIs each.
• Megan Horsey and Madison Froemel went 0-for-0 officially with three walks.
• Julia Dimmick (Silver Spring, Md./Bethesda-Chevy Chase) picked up her first colleigate hit in the game.
McDaniel returns to action at Franklin & Marshall on Saturday. The first game begins at 1 p.m.