McDaniel (6-8, 3-7 CC) 56, Bryn Mawr (1-14, 0-10 CC) 35
What: Centennial Conference (CC) women's basketball game
When: Friday, Jan. 17
Where: Bryn Mawr, Pa.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel used a 17-4 run that spanned a nearly seven-minute stretch over the second and third quarters to break open a tie game and down Bryn Mawr, 56-35.
• Mallory Conroy (Ellicott City, Md./Marriotts Ridge) led the Green Terror with 12 points and 12 rebounds.
FOR THE FOES
• Halena Martin led the Owls with nine points.
• Sydney Collins contributed six points and 12 rebounds.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• The first quarter was back and forth, featuring four ties and six lead changes and neither team leading by more than three points. After a Laya Paladugu jumper gave Bryn Mawr a 12-9 lead with 3:14 showing, Jayce Klingenberg (Hampstead, Md./Manchester Valley) and Jamese Word (Belmont, Mass./Lexington Christian Academy) each hit fast-break layups for a 13-12 edge after one quarter.
• The back-and-forth continued for the first six minutes of the second period before two Paladugu free throws tied the game for the sixth and final time at 18-all with 3:31 to play. A Natalie Mehl (Hamilton, N.J./Steinert) 3-pointer in the corner ignited the game-changing run. Mehl had all seven of her points over a 9-0 finish to the half.
• Mallory Conroy bookended the 8-4 start to the third quarter that pushed the advantage to 13 with 5:48 remaining. After an Emily Garner layup closed the margin to 37-26, Hannah Zajac (Houston, Texas/Clear Creek) hit a jumper to start an 8-1 close to the quarter, pushing the advantage to 45-27 after three periods.
• An Angela DiNunzio (Moorestown, N.J./Paul VI) jumper nearly a minute into the fourth quarter pushed the lead to 20 for the first time and the lead remained between 17 and 21 points for the entire final period.
THE INSIDE STORY
• Mallory Conroy recorded her second collegiate double-double.
• All 16 players saw action for the Green Terror with 14 contributing no fewer than two points.
McDaniel returns to action at home against Dickinson on Wednesday. Game time is 6 p.m.