McDaniel (7-12, 4-11 CC) 66, Bryn Mawr (1-20, 0-16 CC)
What: Centennial Conference (CC) women's basketball game
When: Thursday, Feb. 6
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel raced out to a 20-0 lead en route to a 66-39 win over Bryn Mawr.
FOR THE FOES
• Halena Martin led the Owls with 15 points.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Behind six points from Liv Storer (Wangaratta, Victoria, Australia/Galen Catholic College), McDaniel built a 20-0 lead before Halena Martin hit a 19-foot jumper with 2:23 remaining in the first quarter to get Bryn Mawr on the board. McDaniel took a 23-3 lead into the second quarter.
• A pair of Natalie Mehl 3-pointers around a Halena Martin jumper stretched the lead to 29-5 nearly three minutes into the second quarter. The lead swelled as large as 29 twice in the period – both on Maddie Thompson (Poolesville, Md./Poolesville) 3-pointers en route to a 42-14 halftime lead.
• Two Anna Mondoro triples in the first minute of the third period stretched the lead to 48-16. Another Mehl trey gave McDaniel a lead as large as 35.
• The Green Terror maintained a 61-26 advantage with 3:37 to play before Bryn Mawr closed the game on a 13-5 run.
THE INSIDE STORY
• Maddie Thompson matched her career high with nine points.
• Josey Klingenberg (Hampstead, Md./Manchester Valley) pulled down a career-high nine rebounds.
• Of the 16 dressed players for McDaniel, 15 registered at least one point,
McDaniel returns to action at Muhlenberg on Saturday. Game time is 2 p.m.