McDaniel (8-12, 5-11 CC) 64, Muhlenberg (10-11, 8-8 CC) 58
What: Centennial Conference (CC) women's basketball game
When: Saturday, Feb. 8
Where: Allentown, Pa.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel used an 8-0 run midway through the fourth quarter to turn a four-point deficit into a four-point lead and held off Muhlenberg for a 64-58 win.
• Liv Storer (Wangaratta, Victoria, Australia/Galen Catholic College) led the Green Terror with her first double-double of the season with 17 points and 10 rebounds.
• Anna Mondoro (Dumfries, Va./Homeschool) reached double figures for the second straight game with 16 points.
• Mallory Conroy (Ellicott City, Md./Marriotts Ridge) chipped in 10 points and five rebounds.
• Ellie Connelly (Sharpsburg, Md./Boonsboro) added 11 points, five rebounds and four assists.
FOR THE FOES
• Mikaela McGarvey led the Mules with 30 points, accounting for more than half of her team's points.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Keyed by five points from Anna Mondoro and a Liv Storer jumper staked McDaniel to a -70 lead in the first 3:13 of the game. Muhlenberg closed to within two three times before a Meggie Burgess (Olney, Md./Good Counsel) hit a layup in the final minute to give the Green Terror a 13-9 lead after one quarter.
• A pair of jumpers from Storer around an Amanda Gorski jumper gave McDaniel a 17-11 lead two minutes into the second quarter. Mikaela McGarvey, however, scored the next eight Mule points to give her team a 20-19 edge with 4:59 on the clock. Five straight Mallory Conroy points put the Green Terror back in front by four before another 10-0 Muhlenberg run opened up the hosts' largest lead en route to a 30-27 halftime edge.
• Mondoro canned a triple on the opening possession of the third quarter to tie the game. After four more ties and three lead changes throughout the quarter, the teams took a 45-all draw into the final period.
• Emily O'Mahoney hit back-to-back layups for a 51-47 lead with 6:11 to play before triples from Jayce Klingenberg (Hampstead, Md./Manchester Valley) and Mondoro coupled with a Storer jumper turned the four-point deficit into a four-point lead just 1:22 later. Muhlenberg retook the lead 58-57 on two Gorski free throws with 2:41 to play but a Conroy putback put the Green Terror back in front for good with the defense holding the Mules off the board the rest of the way.
McDaniel returns to action at home against Gallaudet on Monday. Game time is 7:30 p.m.