McDaniel (9-12) 61, Gallaudet (7-13) 50
What: Non-Conference women's basketball game
When: Monday, Feb. 10
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel used a 12-3 run in the fourth quarter to seal a 61-50 win over Gallaudet.
• Anna Mondoro (Dumfries, Va./Homeschool) led the Green Terror with 19 points, including hitting five 3-pointers.
• Natalie Mehl (Hamilton, N.J./Steinert) canned three triples and finished with 14 points.
• Liv Storer (Wangaratta, Victoria, Australia/Galen Catholic College) chipped in with six points and 10 rebounds.
FOR THE FOES
• Emelia Beldon led the Bison with 20 points and seven rebounds.
• Cassidy Perry contributed 17 points and 12 rebounds.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• After Anna Mondoro hit a jumper to open the game, Emelia Beldon responded with back-to-back baskets and Cassidy Perry chipped in a putback to give Gallaudet a 6-2 advantage just 2:48 into the game. Trailing 12-6, Natalie Mehl hit back-to-back 3-pointer to tie the game with 2:46 to in the period. Beldon and Perry hit jumpers in the paint around another Mehl trey for a 16-15 edge before Beldon converted late in the clock for a three-point advantage after 10 minutes.
• Trailing 21-17 after two Kendall Hudson free throws with 7:29 to play in the second quarter, Mondoro drained 3-pointers on consecutive possessions to take a two-point lead. Perry knotted the game momentarily before Jayce Klingenberg (Hampstead, Md./Manchester Valley) drained a 3-pointer to McDaniel the lead for good. Layups from Josey Klingenberg (Hampstead, Md./Manchester Valley) and Mallory Conroy (Ellicott City, Md./Marriotts Ridge) in the final 1:32 of the half gave the Green Terror a 31-25 edge at the break.
• The Bison hit the first four points of the third quarter to close to within two before a Mondoro triple in the corner pushed the lead back to five. The Green Terror stretched the lead as large as 12 in the period before six straight points from Beldon made it a 47-41 game after three quarters.
• Beldon stretched her personal run to 8-0 on the opening possession of the fourth period before a Conroy jumper and pair of Mondoro 3-pointers keyed the game-clinching 12-3 run, pushing the lead to 59-46 with 3:23 to play.
THE INSIDE STORY
• The Green Terror held an opponent with a made 3-point field goal for the first time since Jan. 7, 2017.
McDaniel returns to action at No. 22 Gettysburg on Wednesday. Game time is 8 p.m.