No. 23 Haverford (8-3, 3-1 CC) 20, McDaniel (7-4, 2-2 CC) 8
What: Centennial Conference (CC) women's lacrosse game
When: Saturday, Apr. 10
Where: Westminster, Md.
Haverford, ranked 23rd in the latest IWLCA Div. III coaches' poll, opened up a 7-1 lead in the first 11 minutes of the game en route to a 20-8 win over McDaniel.
• Natalie Hoff (Westminster, Md./South Carroll) led the Green Terror with two goals and two assists.
• Emma Miller (Ellicott City, Md./Marriotts Ridge) pulled down 11 draw controls in addition to one goal.
• Kealey Allison (Frankford, Del./Indian River) chipped in a pair of goals to go with four draw controls.
FOR THE FOES
• Sam Silverman tallied seven goals to lead the Fords.
• Roma Hladky finished with four goals and two assists.
• Tiffany Mikulis scored four times and had one helper.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• After Callie Crawford staked the visitors to a 1-0 lead, McDaniel evened the game at 1-all when Natalie Hoff found a cutting Kealey Allison with 12:19 showing. Haverford, however, responded with the next six goals including four straight from Sam Silverman to take a 7-1 lead with 4:01 to play in the period. Hoff stopped the run with 2:44 left in the quarter, but Katharine Ference converted the Fords' third free-position goal of the game make it 8-2 after one quarter.
• Silverman and Roma Hladky each found the back of the net in the opening six minutes of the second quarter. Emily Sheppard (Queenstown, Md./Queen Anne's County), Emma Miller, and Hoff scored three goals in a 1-minute, 39-second stretch to close the deficit to 10-5. The Fords got two of those goals back in teh final 5:46 of the quarter to take a 12-5 lead into the break.
• Haverford scored the first two of the third quarter to open up a nine-goal advantage but Lara Jensen (West Chester, Pa./The Tatnall School) scored the only goal for McDaniel in the third quarter with 9:17 remaining before four more Ford tallies pushed the lead to 18-6 at the end of the quarter.
• Haveford bookended a four-goal fourth quarter. Allison and Sheppard scored 74 seconds apart in the middle of the period.
THE INSIDE STORY
• McDaniel controlled 18 of the 28 draws on the afternoon.
• The 11 draw controls for Emma Miller marked the second striaght game a Green Terror player registered double-digit draws. Kealey Allison had 10 on Wednesday.
McDaniel returns to action at home against Swarthmore on Saturday. Game time is 3 p.m.