McDaniel (8-6) 34, Hunter (2-10) 24
What: Non-Conference wrestling match
When: Saturday, Jan. 18
Where: Williamsport, Pa. – Mid-Winter Classic
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel won six bouts, including two by fall to key a 34-24 win over Hunter in the final match at the Mid-Winter Classic in Williamsport.
FOR THE FOES
• Michael McCabe won at 157 for the Hawks with a 25-second fall.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Nick Malinowski (Baltimore, Md./Boys' Latin School of Maryland) staked McDaniel to a 4-0 with a 14-5 win at 125.
• Andrew Cota notched the first of four Hunter pins with a 2-minute, 20-second takedown at 133.
• Isaiah Fosque responded with his fall for a 10-6 advantage.
• Jordan Gonzalez (149) and Michael McCabe put together back-to-back pins for an 18-10 lead.
• After Cole Nagle's first-period fall, Michael Bromley (Mt. Airy, Md./Linganore), Gabe Dennis (Snow Hill, Md./Snow Hill) and Tony Wuest (Smyrna, Del./Smyrna) all took forfeit wins for a 34-18 lead and secure the victory.
• Jacob Raboy rounded out the day with a pin in 4:25 at heavyweight.
THE INSIDE STORY
125: Nick Malinowski (M) maj. dec. Paul Wehr 14-5; 133: Andrew Cota (H) pinned Steven Pabon 2:20; 141: Isaiah Fosque (M) pinned Nick Karamoshos 6:42; 149: Jordan Gonzalez (H) pinned Raymond Kable 1:34; 157: Michael McCabe (H) pinned Alexander LaVeck 0:25; 165: Cole Nagle (M) pinned Alexander Michelman 0:45; 174: Michael Bromley (M) won by forfeit; 184: Gabe Dennis (M) won by forfeit; 197: Tony Wuest (M) won by forfeit; HWT: Jacob Raboy (H) pinned Chris Hauffman 4:25.
McDaniel returns to action at Johns Hopkins in the Centennial Conference opener on Wednesday. Match time is 7 p.m.