McDaniel (4-1) 3, Roanoke (4-2) 1
What: Non-conference women's soccer game
When: Saturday, Sept. 14
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel scored a pair of second-half goals to top Roanoke, 3-1.
• Carly Wetzel (Clarksville, Md./River Hill) led the Green Terror with the final goal of the afternoon.
• Megan Henderson (East Windsor, N.J./Notre Dame) had a hand in the other two goals with a goal and an assist.
FOR THE FOES
• Kathryn Van Orden scored the only goal for the Maroons, tallying in the 63rd minute.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Megan Henderson slid a ball into lower-left corner just 3:04 into the game for a 1-0 lead.
• Jessie Titus (Frederick, Md./Gov. Thomas Johnson) then scored off a Henderson free kick for a 2-0 lead in the 56th minute.
• Kathryn Van Order broke up the shutout just seven minutes later with a ball in the lower-left corner from just inside the six-yard box.
• Carly Wetzel finished the scoring with a top-shelf goal in the 80th minute.
THE INSIDE STORY
• The two teams nearly split possession evenly but Roanoke had a slim 12-8 edge in shots. Both teams had six corner kicks.
McDaniel returns to action at Stevnson on Wednesday. Game time is 7 p.m.