McDaniel (7-2, 2-1 CC) 4, Swarthmore (5-4, 1-2 CC) 3 (2OT)
What: Centennial Conference (CC) women's soccer game
When: Saturday, Sept. 28
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel rallied from a 3-1 deficit early in the second half to defeat Swarthmore 4-3 in double overtime.
• Maddie Schwartz (Lancaster, Pa./Hempfield) led the Green Terror with two goals, including the game-winner. She also had an assist.
FOR THE FOES
• Brittany Weiderhold led the Garnet with two goals of her own.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Brittany Weiderhold staked Swarthmore to a 1-0 lead in the 10th minute.
• Maddie Schwartz then found the back of the net just shy of eight minutes later to draw the game even.
• Another Weiderhold goal made it 2-1 in the 27th minute before Sydney Covitz scored 2:49 into the second half for a 3-1 advantage.
• Kathryn Dixon (New Bern, N.C./New Bern) finished Kristin Worry (Lancaster, Pa./Lampeter-Strasburg) corner kick that Schwartz headed to her to draw the hosts within one in the 64th minute.
• Worry found the back of the net with the equalizer in the 73rd minute.
• In the 106th minute, Schwartz headed home a feed from Jessie Titus (Frederick, Md./Gov. Thomas Johnson) for the game-winner with 4:40 to play.
THE INSIDE STORY
• Swarthmore finished the game with a 17-15 edge in shots and 9-8 edge in corner kicks.
McDaniel returns to action at Albright on Wednesday. Game time is 5 p.m.