No. 16 Dickinson (12-1-4, 7-0-2 CC) 2, McDaniel (13-5, 6-4 CC) 0
What: Centennial Conference (CC) women's soccer game
When: Wednesday, Oct. 30
Where: Carlisle, Pa.
THE SKINNY STORY
Dickinson scored a pair of first-half goals six minutes apart to defeat McDaniel, 2-0.
• Katherine Carstensen (Pearl River, N.Y./Pearl River) led the Green Terror with four saves.
FOR THE FOES
• Meg Tate tallied a goal and an assist for the Red Devils.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Kyra Thomas got a touch on a ball by Meg Tate, knocking it into the net to break open a scoreless game in the 21st minute.
• Just six minutes later, Tate finished high off a pass from Charlotte Glancey to double the lead at the 26:30 mark.
THE INSIDE STORY
• Dickinson secured the top seed in the CC tournament with the victory and will host the semifinals and finals.
• McDaniel is locked into the No. 5 seed in the field but will not know its first-round opponent until after Saturday's slate of games. Game times will be officially announced on Monday morning.
• The Red Devils finished with a 14-8 advantage in shots and 9-2 advantage in corner kicks.
• Dickinson's Carli Boyer made seven saves in net for the shutout.