McDaniel (16-6) 3, William Paterson (10-10-1) 0
What: ECAC women's soccer semifinal
When: Saturday, Nov. 23
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel scored twice in the game's first 10:48 to top William Paterson 3-0 in the ECAC tournament semifinals.
• Kaitland Clawson (Waynesboro, Pa./Waynesboro Area) capped the victory for the Green Terror with her first goal of the season.
FOR THE FOES
• Erica Hickey led the Pioneers with four saves.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• On a corner kick in the sixth minute, Kristen Worry (Lancaster, Pa./Lampeter-Strasburg) lofted a ball to the near post that snuck through three jumping players and grazed off the back of a defender before bouncing and hitting the post and going in for a 1-0 lead.
• Just over five minutes later, Maddie Schwartz (Lancaster, Pa./Hempfield) sent a ball in from the top-right corner of the box and Allie Titus (Frederick, Md./Gov. Thomas Johnson) headed it home to double the lead.
• Kaitland Clawson shot a ball from outside the box that bounced off the keeper's hands and ended up across the line for a 3-0 lead in the 72nd minute.
THE INSIDE STORY
• McDaniel finished with a 16-7 advantage in shots and 6-4 edge in corner kicks.
• Katherine Carstensen (Pearl River, N.Y./Pearl River) made three saves in goal.
• The Green Terror posted its third shutout in three ECAC tournament games this season.
• McDaniel advances to Sunday's ECAC final against Springfield, which topped Muhlenberg 2-1 in the day's second semifinal.
Game time against the Pride on Sunday is 12 p.m.