Swarthmore (1-0, 1-0 CC) 69, McDaniel (0-1, 0-1 CC) 25
What: Centennial Conference (CC) women's swimming meet
When: Saturday, Oct. 26
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
Swarthmore won eight of the 11 events to record a 69-25 victory over McDaniel in the season opener for both teams.
• Sara Hegna (Brielle, N.J./Manasquan) led the Green Terror with a pair of wins. She touched first in the 50 free with a time of 25.07 seconds. She was also first in the 100 backstroke (1:00.02). The senior was also part of the 200 medley relay that finished second with a time of 1:55.69.
• Blair Boyle (Springfield, N.J./Villa Walsh Academy) added a victory in the 100 free with a time of 56.12. She also anchored the 200 medley relay and was third in the 100 breaststroke (1:14.25).
FOR THE FOES
• Sophia Lee was the only double winner for the Garnet, winning the 400 IM (4:45.68) and was part of the 200 free relay.
• Hannah Kloetzer won the 200 free (2:03.32).
• Annabella Boardman touched first in the 100 breaststroke (1:07.82).
• Alyssa Berman was victorious in the 100 butterfly (1:00.18).
• Liv Stoetzer won the 500 free (5:34.08).
• Anna Lyn touched first in the 100 IM (1:01.81).
• Steph Tilneac, Selina Ye, Saya Vaules and Abby Goodman combined to win the 200 medley relay (1:54.41).
• Gaby Ma, Mina Liang and Summer Heidish joined Lee on the 200 free relay (1:43.06).
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Megan Gorsuch (Freeland, Md./Hereford) and Ella Tomkins (Matarangi, New Zealand/Mercury Bay) joined Sara Hegna and Blair Boyle on the 200 medley relay that finished second.
• Hannah Cehelsky (Sudbury, Mass./Lincoln Sudbury Regional) was second in the 200 free (2:06.85) and 500 free (5:43.04).
• Tomkins was also third in the 100 fly (1:01.00).
• Ashley Farrington finished third in the 200 free (2:08.30).
McDaniel returns to action at home against Ursinus on Saturday, Nov. 9. Meet time is 1 p.m.