Salisbury (5-2) 104, McDaniel (2-4) 99
What: Non-Conference women's swimming meet
When: Sunday, Jan. 5
Where: Salisbury, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
Salisbury recorded 10 first- or second-place finishes in the nine individual events to help capture a 104-99 win over McDaniel.
• Hannah Cehelsky (Sudbury, Mass./Lincoln Sudbury Regional) led the Green Terror with individual wins in the 800-meter free (10:16.42) and 400-meter free (5:02.05).
• Sara Hegna (Brielle, N.J./Manasquan) also touched first in the 200-meter IM (2:38.41) and 100-meter backstroke (1:07.91). She made it a three-win day, anchoring the 400-meter free relay to victory with a combined time of 4:22.26.
• Blair Boyle (Springfield, N.J./Villa Walsh Academy) won the 200-meter free (2:22.63) and 100-meter free (1:03.32).
• Ella Tomkins (Matarangi, New Zealand/Mercury Bay) added an individual win in the 100-meter butterfly (1:09.80). She was also part of the 400-meter free relay win.
• Ashley Farrington and Emma Lindell (Frederick, Md./Frederick) joined Hegna and Tomkins in the 400-meter free relay win (4:22.26).
FOR THE FOES
• Teagan Rohrbaugh won the 100-meter breaststroke (1:20.66) to lead the Sea Gulls.
• Natalie Eakin added an individual win in the 50-meter free (28.85 seconds).
• Rohrbaugh joined Emma Tamosky, Kiki Graham and Chase McClure to open the meet with a win in the 400-meter medley relay (4:56.91).
THE REST OF THE STORY
• In addition to her two wins, Hannah Cehelsky was second in the 200-meter free (2:22.73).
• Ashley Farrington added a third-place finish in the 800-meter free (10:42.97) and 400-meter free (5:08.07).
• Ella Tompkins was also third in the 50-meter free (29.57 seconds).
• Blair Boyle was third in the 100-meter breaststroke (1:22.66).
McDaniel returns to action at Dickinson on Saturday, Jan. 18. Meet time is 1 p.m.