McDaniel competes at Larry Sharpe Invitational
What: Women's indoor track and field meet
When: Sunday, Feb. 16
Where: Hagerstown, Md. – Hagerstown CC
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel recorded seven top-three finishes at the Larry Sharpe Invitational hosted by Hagerstown CC.
• Sarah Case (Frederick, Md./Oakdale) led the Green Terror with a second-place finish in the shot put. Her throw of 10.44 meters ranks fifth in program history.
• Gabby Collins (Indian Head, Md./North Point) hit the ECAC-qualifying standard in the prelims of the 55 with a time of 7.57 seconds. Her fastest-qualifying time in the field ranks eighth in program history. She was third in the finals with a time of 7.81 seconds. Collins was also second in the 200 (27.85 seconds).
FOR THE FOES:
• There were no team scores at the meet.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Megan O'Neill (Mt. Airy, Md./South Carroll) crossed second in the 800 with a time of 2:28.50. The time ranks fifth in program history and bank-converted mark of 2:26.81 is an ECAC qualifier.
• Megan Mesick (Fredericksburg, Va./Chancellor) finished second in the mile with a time of 5:43.34.
• Renee Dupre (Hagerstown, Md./Smithsburg) placed second in the 55 hurdles with a time of 9.87 seconds. She was also fourth in the high jump (1.31 meters).
• The 4x800-meter relay of Riley O'Hara, Skylar Blackbull, Abby Gonzalez and Bailey Chapman finished second with a time of 12:04.18.
THE INSIDE STORY
• Riley O'Hara crossed sixth in the 500 with a personal-best time of 1:33.63.
• Skylar Blackbull was eighth in the 500 (1:35.64).
• Corrine White was seventh in the shot put with a personal-best throw of 7.96 meters.
• Rachel Dixon finished seventh in the 55 with a personal-best time of 8.12 seconds and 15th in the 200 with a personal-best time of 29.67 seconds.
• Priscilla Owusu was 14th in the 200 with a personal-best time of 29.66 seconds.
• Abby Gonzalez was seventh in the 1000 (3:47.63).
• Bailey Chapman was ninth in the 1000 (4:03.27).
• Anna Persick crossed 10th in the 1000 (4:08.10).
McDaniel returns to action at the Centennial Conference Championship hosted by Franklin & Marshall on Saturday and Sunday, Feb. 29 and Mar. 1.