McDaniel finishes 10th at CC championship
What: Women's outdoor track and field meet
When: Friday-Sunday, May 3-5
Where: Allentown, Pa. – Muhlenberg College
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel finished 10th at the 2019 Centennial Conference championship hosted by Muhlenberg behind a trio of top-eight finishes. The Green Terror finished with 6.5 points.
• Hannah Zajac (Houston, Texas/Clear Creek) finished fifth in the heptathlon with 3299 points. The personal-best point total ranks sixth all-time. She posted the best mark in the high jump of any competitor with a height of 1.53 meters. The mark ranks fourth all-time. The high jump was also her highest individual point total with 609 points.
• Zajac was also eighth in the open high jump on Saturday, clearing 1.44 meters.
• Rachel Dixon (Crofton, Md./Arundel), Zajac, Sarah Case (Frederick, Md./Oakdale) and Riley O'Hara (Fairfax, Va./Robinson Secondary) finished seventh in the 4x100-meter relay with a time of 54.30 seconds.
FOR THE FOES:
• Johns Hopkins won its 10th straight title with 278 points. Swarthmore was second with 171 points.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Mackenzie Meyer (San Jose, Calif./Pioneer) placed ninth in the heptathlon with 2152 points. Her top point total event shot put with 386 points for her throw of 7.79 meters. Her highest placefinish came in the javelin with a fourth-place showing and mark of 21.23 meters. She was also 15th in the open javelin with a personal-best throw of 24.10 meters.
• Hannah Zajac placed 10th in the long jump with a jump of 4.74 meters.
• Rachel Dixon finished 18th overall in the 100 prelims on Saturday with a personal-best time of 13.44 seconds to hit the ECAC qualifier for the first time. In the 200 prelims, she was also 18th with a personal-best time of 28.51 seconds.
• Sarah Case was 13th in the discus with a throw of 27.68 meters. She was also 14th in the javelin with a throw of 24.25 meters. She rounded out her trio of field events with a 17th-place finish in the shot put (8.66 meters).
• Ashley Deal (Littlestown, Pa./Littlestown) finished 15th in the discus with a throw of 26.13 meters. She was 17th in the javelin (21.67 meters). She rounded out her trio of field events with a 17th-place finish in the shot put (8.66 meters).
McDaniel returns to action at the ECAC championship on May 15-16.