Catholic (7-3) 3, McDaniel (6-5) 2
What: Non-conference volleyball match
When: Saturday, Sept. 14
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
Catholic rallied with a 30-28 win the fourth set then took the deciding set 15-13 for a 3-2 win over McDaniel.
• Anna Jezerski (Ellicott City, Md./Howard) led three players with double-digit kills for the Green Terror with 14 kills.
• Isabel Paci (Ellicott City, Md./River Hill) added 12 kills.
• Abigail Hernandez (Gathersburg, Md./Richard Montgomery) chipped in 10.
• Gayle Edelstein (Livingston, N.J./Livingston) had 40 assists, six aces and six digs.
• Kendall Hanak (Highlands Ranch, Colo./Cheyenne Mountain) led the defense with 13 digs.
FOR THE FOES
• Josephine Morrill led the Cardinals with 13 kills and six digs.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• McDaniel raced out to a 6-3 lead in the first set en route to a 25-18 victory for a 1-0 lead in the match.
• The second set had 15 ties and eight lead changes. An Anna Jezerski kill tied the set at 25-all but the Cardinals forced a pair of errors for s 27-25 win to even the match.
• Trailing 10-9, an Abigail Hernandez ace keyed a run of three straight points that put the Green Terror in front for good in a 25-20 win.
• The fourth set featured 19 ties and nine lead changes. Neither team held a lead of more than three points but Catholic had the final say with the final two points of a 30-28 win.
• The Cardinals tallied the first four points of the deciding set and held off a late run by the Green Terror for a 15-13 win.
THE INSIDE STORY
• McDaniel had 18 service aces in the match but also had 26 service errors.
McDaniel returns to action at home against Elizabethtown on Wednesday. Match time is 7 p.m