Elizabethtown (12-1) 3, McDaniel (6-6) 0
What: Non-conference volleyball match
When: Wednesday, Sept. 18
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
Elizabethtown recorded 11 aces to key a 3-0 win over McDaniel.
• Kendall Hanak (Highlands Ranch, Colo./Cheyenne Mountain) led the Green Terror with 18 digs.
• Abigail Hernandez (Gathersburg, Md./Richard Montgomery) led the attack with nine kills.
• Emma Lorenzen (Hagerstown, Md./South Hagerstown) added eight kills and hit .375. She also had a pair of aces.
FOR THE FOES
• Bryanna Miller led the Blue Jays with a double-double, contributing 11 kills and 14 digs.
• Elle Shatto added a double-double of her own with 11 kills and 10 digs. She also had six aces.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• An Elle Shatto kill and ace keyed a 4-0 start to the match for Elizabethtown. The lead swelled as large as 15-7 before a Hayley Mills (Bowie, Md./St. Vincent Pallotti) kill started a McDaniel rally. The Green Terror eventually tied the match at 21-all and took a 22-21 lead on an Emma Lorenzen kill. Tied at 24-all, Bryanna Miller knocked down a kill before Miller combined with Elizabeth Zelber for a block for a 26-24 win.
• The second set featured five ties early before Courtney Westman served six straight points to open up a 16-11 lead. After McDaniel closed to 17-16 on a Mills kill, the Blue Jays closed the set on an 8-1 run for a 25-17 victory.
• Three straight Shatto aces keyed a 6-0 start to the third set. McDaniel closed to within 8-5 but Elizabethtown held off the rally and went on for a 25-15 win.
THE INSIDE STORY
• Marlowe Embry (San Jose, Calif./J.H. Pitman) chipped in 10 digs for the Green Terror.
McDaniel returns to action in the Centennial Conference opener at Ursinus on Friday. Match time is 5 p.m.