McDaniel (11-9, 5-2 CC) 3, Haverford (18-7, 4-3 CC) 0
What: Centennial Conference (CC) volleyball match
When: Saturday, Oct. 19
Where: Haverford, Pa.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel recorded its second straight sweep with a 25-15, 25-16, 25-19 win over Haverford.
• Isabel Paci (Ellicott City, Md./River Hill) led the Green Terror with 12 kills and hit .476 on the match.
• Anna Jezerski (Ellicott City, Md./Howard) also reached double digits with 10 kills.
• Marlowe Embry (San Jose, Calif./J.H. Pitman) chipped in eight kills and eight digs.
FOR THE FOES
• Madison Adore led the Fords with five kills.
• Elena Filograna steadied the defense with nine digs.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Clinging to a 3-2 lead in the opening set, an Isabel Paci kills, attacking error and back-to-back Marlowe Embry kills stretched the lead to 7-2 and forced a timeout. The lead swelled to 11-3 before four straight errors trimmed the margin to 11-7. Holding onto a 16-13 edge, a service error and Kennedy Barlond (Battle Creek, Mich./Pennfield) ace keyed a 7-0 run that stretched the lead to 23-13 en route to a 25-15 win.
• A Paci kill and Embry ace keyed a 4-0 start to the second set. Haverford closed to within 12-9. An Embry kill and pair of aces sparked a 7-1 run that stretched the advantage to 19-10 en route to a 25-16 victory.
• McDaniel scored the first three points of the third set before the Fords closed to within 6-5 but three Emma Lorenzen (Hagerstown, Md./South Hagerstown) aces stretched the lead to 10-5. Clinging to a 21-18 edge, a kill from Embry and three from Jezerski helped cap the 25-19 win.
McDaniel concludes the trimatch against Stockton at 2 p.m.