Stockton (23-2) 3, McDaniel (11-10) 1
What: Non-Conference volleyball match
When: Saturday, Oct. 19
Where: Haverford, Pa.
THE SKINNY STORY
Stockton had five players with seven or more kills to lead a balanced attack in a 3-1 win over McDaniel.
FOR THE FOES
• Franceska Gustave led the Ospreys attack with nine kills.
• Natalie Miller led the defense with 17 digs.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Clinging to a 9-6 lead in the first set, an Emily Sullivan block started a 10-3 run that pushed the lead to 19-9 en route to a 25-16 victory for Stockton.
• Tied at 3-all in the second set, Emma Lorenzen (Hagerstown, Md./South Hagerstown) knocked down a kill to put McDaniel in front for good. The Ospreys battled back to tie the set at 18-all but a Makayla Patterson (Colorado Springs, Colo./Cheyenne Mountain) recorded a kill and McDaniel took the set, 25-21 to tie the match at 1-all.
• Tied at 4-all in the third set, Stockton tallied 14 of next 17 points to lead 18-7 en route to a 25-10 win.
• The Ospreys jumped out to an early 5-2 lead in the fourth set before holding on for a 25-21 victory.
McDaniel returns to action at home against No. 9 Johns Hopkins on Wednesday. Match time is 7 p.m.