McDaniel (13-11, 7-3 CC) 3, Dickinson (15-9, 4-5 CC) 1
What: Centennial Conference (CC) volleyball match
When: Wednesday, Oct. 30
Where: Carlisle, Pa.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel capped a 3-1 victory at Dickinson with a 25-23 win in the fourth set. The Green Terror took the opening set 26-24 before the Red Devils won the second set, 25-15. McDaniel took a 25-12 win in the set three.
• Marlowe Embry (San Jose, Calif./J.H. Pitman) led the Green Terror attack with 19 kills.
• Anna Jezerski (Ellicott City, Md./Mt. Hebron) added 10 kills.
• Gayle Edelstein (Livingston, N.J./Livingston) chipped in 37 assists and three aces.
• Isabel Paci (Ellictt City, Md./River Hill) chipped in 17 kills to the attack.
• Kendall Hanak (Highlands Ranch, Colo./Rock Canyon) contributed 12 digs.
FOR THE FOES
• Emma Lange led the Red Devils with 13 kills.
• Morgan Bliss chipped in 12 kills.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• The Green Terror recorded three of the final five points in the fourth set, including a pair of Marlowe Embry kills for the victory.
THE INSIDE STORY
• The Green Terror secured a playoff berth in next week's conference tournament. McDaniel will be either the No. 3 seed or No. 4 seed, depending on the outcome of the Swarthmore-Haverford match on Saturday. A Garnet victory gives the Green Terror the No. 4 seed, hosting the Fords on Wednesday. A Haverford win gives McDaniel the No. 3 seed and a semifinal matchup with the loser of Saturday's Johns Hopkins-Franklin & Marshall match in the semifinals.
McDaniel returns to action at home against St. Mary's (Md.) on Saturday. Match time is 1 p.m.