McDaniel (14-11) 3, St. Mary's (Md.) (5-22) 0
What: Non-Conference volleyball match
When: Saturday, Nov. 2
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel closed a sweep of St. Mary's (Md.) with a 25-7 victory. The Green Terror opened the 3-0 win with victories of 25-12 and 25-15.
• Isabel Paci (Ellictt City, Md./River Hill) contributed five kills, an ace and a dig in the sweep.
• Abigail Hernandez (Gaithersburg, Md./Richard Montgomery) led the attack with seven kills to go with four digs.
• Kennedy Barlond (Battle Creek, Mich./Pennfield) added three aces.
• Catherina Park (Clarksville, Md./Atholton) added two aces, three digs and a pair of assists.
• Haley Mills (Bowie, Md./St. Vincent Pallotti) rounded out the group with three kills on four attempts.
FOR THE FOES
• Ellyse Stuliff led the Seahawks with three kills and four digs to go with two blocks.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Tied at 2-all in the first set, an Isabel Paci kill sparked a 4-0 run that put McDaniel in front for good. Back-to-back Emma Lorenzen (Hagerstown, Md./South Hagerstown) aces pushed the lead to 18-10 before and Abigail Hernandez kill and two Makayla Patterson (Colorado Springs, Colo./Cheyenne Mountain) aces capped the 25-12 win.
• Two Kennedy Barlond aces keyed a 5-0 start to the second set. The Seahawks clawed back to tie the set at 6-all but a Patterson kill sparked an 11-2 stretch that opened up a 17-8 lead en route to a 25-15 victory.
• McDaniel recorded the first eight points of the third set and never looked back in a 25-7 win.
THE INSIDE STORY
• Emma Lorenzen added sevn kills, two aces, two digs and two blocks.
• With a Haverford win over Swarthmore, the Green Terror secured the No. 3 seed in next week's Centennial Conference tournament. McDaniel will take on either Franklin & Marshall or Johns Hopkins in next Saturday's semifinals. The winner of the Diplomats-Blue Jays match will be the top seed and host the tournament. The loser will be the No. 2 seed and take on the Green Terror.
Match times for Saturday's semifinals will be determined on Monday.