McDaniel (15-12) 3, Ramapo (14-8) 0
What: ECAC volleyball quarterfinals
When: Saturday, Nov. 16
Where: Scranton, Pa.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel won each set by increasingly larger scores, topping Ramapo 3-0 in the quarterfinals of the ECAC tournament hosted by Marywood.
• Marlowe Embry (San Jose, Calif./J.H. Pitman) led the Green Terror with 14 kills and 12 digs.
FOR THE FOES
• Karina Almeda led the Roadrunners with 10 digs.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Tied at 4-all in the first set, Embry knocked down a kill to give McDaniel the lead for good. Two more Embry kills and a Gayle Edelstein (Livingston, N.J./Livingston) helped push the lead to 11-4 en route to a 25-18 win.
• The second set was tied at 11-all, featuring nine ties and seven lead changes to that point, before an Isabel Paci (Bowie, Md./St. Vincent Pallotti) kill started a 6-0 run for a 17-11 lead en route to a 25-16 victory.
• McDaniel scored the first six points of the third set behind a pair of Emma Lorenzen aces to key a 25-13 win.
McDaniel advances to Sunday's semifinals and will take on Neumann. Match time is 2 p.m.