Stevens (11-2) 3, McDaniel (4-8) 1
What: Non-conference volleyball match
When: Saturday, Sept. 25
Where: Haverford, Pa.
THE SKINNY STORY
Stevens rallied after dropping the first set 25-21 to defeat McDaniel, 3-1.
FOR THE FOES
• Parker Adkins was one of three players with double-digit kills, leading the Ducks with 11 kills.
• Elizabeth Chu added 17 digs.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Anna Jezerski recorded seven kills in the first set but it was a Maddy Bigley (Pueblo, Colo./Pueblo Centennial) knockdown that capped a 25-21 victory.
• Stevens tallied the first five points of the second set and never trailed in a 25-14 win to even the match at 1-all.
• The Green Terror jumped out to an early 6-2 lead in the third set but a 7-1 counter gave the Ducks a 9-7 edge that they did not relinquish the rest of the way for a 25-21 win.
• Stevens opened up a 20-15 lead in the third set but McDaniel used five straight service points by Lauren Guyer (York, Pa./York Suburban) to tie the set at 20-all. The Ducks, however, closed on a 5-2 run for the match win.
The Green Terror return to action at home against Washington (Md.) on Wednesday. Match times is 7 p.m.