Dickinson (10-4, 3-1 CC) 3, McDaniel (4-11, 1-3 CC) 0
What: Centennial Conference (CC) volleyball match
When: Wednesday, Oct. 6
Where: Westminster, Md.
Dickinson edged McDaniel in the opening two sets of the match before pulling away in the third for a 3-0 victory.
• Taylor Lindsay (Kennett Square, Pa./Unionville) finished with 13 digs to lead the Green Terror defensive.
• Anna Jezerski (Ellicott City, Md./Howard) paced the attack with seven kills.
• Brenna Campbell (Clarion, Pa./Clarion Area) added 18 assists.
FOR THE FOES
• Emma Lange finished with 11 kills to lead the Red Devils.
• Christina Chu paced defense with 17 digs.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• The first set started off evenly with the score tied at 5-all. Tatiana Hamilton (Laurel, Md./ Reservoir) went on a serving run to give the Green Terror a 9-6 lead. Five straight Red Devil points, however, helped the visitors battle back to take an 19-17 lead. Two Emma Lange kills down the stretch closed out the 25-21 win.
• The second set featured runs by both teams. McDaniel pulled to within 11-10 but Dickinson tallied nine of the next 11 points to open up a 20-12 lead. The Green Terror responded with a run of its own out of a timeout to close the gap to 23-20 but that's as close as the hosts could get in a 25-21 Red Devil win.
• The Green Terror battled early in the third set leading 9-8 after a Maddy Bigley (Pueblo, Colo./Pueblo Centennial) kill. Dickinson responded, however, and never looked back for the 25-14 victory.
THE INSIDE STORY
• Angalyn Strouse (Spring Grove, Pa./Spring Grove) finished with three kills and two service aces.
• Allyson Burgee (Fairfax, Va./Robinson Secondary School) added four kills and one block.
The Green Terror returns to action at home against Swarthmore on Saturday. Match time is 1 p.m.