Stevenson (21-4) 3, McDaniel (6-14) 0
What: Non-Conference volleyball match
When: Tuesday, Oct. 19
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
Despite early battles by McDaniel in all three sets, Stevenson pulled away in each for 3-0 victory.
FOR THE FOES
• Darian Dildy led the Mustangs with eight kills.
• Sophia Eckerd recorded two total blocks to lead 13 total blocks on the night for the visitors.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• McDaniel battled early and forced the Mustangs to call a timeout. Stevenson responded with a nine-point run of their own to take a 19-9 lead and never looked back to take the first set, 25-14.
• The second set was a struggle throughout with seven ties. After an Allyson Burgee (Fairfax, Va./Robinson Secondary School) kill, the Green Terror evened it at 8-all. The Mustangs, however, tallied 11 of the next 16 points for a 19-13 lead. McDaniel clawed back to within four but the Mustangs stood strong for a 25-17 victory.
• The Green Terror jumped out to an early 3-1 lead in the third set but Stevenson worked back to eventually take a 9-7 lead. After a Lauren Guyer (York, Pa./York Suburban) ace, the Mustangs scored 11 of the next 14 for a 20-11 lead en route to the 25-13 clinching set.
THE INSIDE STORY
• Brenna Campbell (Clarion, Pa./Clarion Area) tallied 21 assists.
The Green Terror returns to action at home for a Tri-Match with Ursinus and Goucher on Saturday. The first match begins at 12 p.m.