DeSales (11-5) 3, McDaniel (5-11) 1
What: Non-Conference volleyball match
When: Saturday, Oct. 2
Where: Allentown, Pa.
THE SKINNY STORY
DeSales rallied after a 25-12 first-set loss to McDaniel to take a 3-1 victory with three straight close wins.
FOR THE FOES
• Delanie Zohler led the Bulldogs with 10 kills and 12 digs.
• Shannon McDevitt added 14 kills while Caroline Garretson rounded out a trio in double figures with 12.
• Mykenah Calder recorded team-high 23 digs – one of four players to each double digits in digs.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• The teams traded points early in the first set before the Green Terror reeled off 14 of the next 16 points that included a run of 10 straight points on strong serving from Tatiana Hamilton (Laurel, Md./Reservoir) for an 18-6 lead en route to the 25-12 win.
• DeSales jumped out to an early 12-5 lead in the second set. McDaniel worked back into the match, tying the set at 19-all on a Lauren Guyer (York, Pa./York Suburban) ace. Mykenah Calder scored three of the last four points to give the Bulldogs a 25-22 victory.
• The third set featured four ties early before DeSales took the lead for good at 8-7. The Green Terror stayed between one and three points until the Bulldogs were able to pull away late for a 25-20 win. Anna Jezerski had nine of her 19 kills in the set.
• The fourth set featured 11 ties and six lead changes over the first three-quarters of the set. Deadlocked at 15-all, four Shannon McDevitt kills keyed an 8-0 run en route to the 25-21 win.
THE INSIDE STORY
• Brenna Campbell established a career high with 16 digs in the match.
• Tatiana Hamilton (Laurel, Md./Resevoir) recorded six kills, three aces, and 10 digs.
• Taylor Lindsay (Kennett Square, Pa./Unionville) finished with 15 digs.
• Lauren Guyer (York, Pa./York Suburban) and Regan Gefroh (Fort Collins, Colo./Fort Collins) rounded out a quintet with double-digits with 12 each.
The Green Terror returns to action at home against Dickinson on Wednesday. Match time is 7 p.m.