No. 1 Johns Hopkins (20-0, 6-0 CC) 3, McDaniel (5-13, 1-5 CC) 0
What: Centennial Conference (CC) volleyball match
When: Wednesday, Oct. 13
Where: Baltimore, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
Johns Hopkins, the top-ranked team in the latest AVCA Div. III poll, extended its undefeated season with 3-0 victory over McDaniel.
FOR THE FOES
• Elayna Williams led the Blue Jays with 10 kills.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Johns Hopkins took an early 8-2 lead in the first set and never looked back taking the first set, 25-8.
• McDaniel took an early 3-1 edge in the second set. However, the Blue Jays went on two separate runs to take a 13-7 lead. Nia Roberts (Walkersville, Md./Frederick) had an ace and kill to cut the Hopkins lead to three but the hosts pulled away late for a 25-15 victory.
• The third set was back-and-forth with each team putting together runs before the Blue Jays were able to close out the sweep, 25-21.
THE INSIDE STORY
• Lauren Guyer (York, Pa./York Suburban) tallied two aces.
• Brenna Campbell (Clarion, Pa./Clarion Area) contributed 18 assists.
• Johns Hopkins extends its currently winning streak to 55 straight matches.
The Green Terror returns to action at home against Bryn Mawr on Saturday. Match time is 1 p.m.