Gettysburg (13-8, 5-4 CC) 3, McDaniel (7-16, 2-7 CC) 0
What: Centennial Conference (CC) volleyball match
When: Wednesday, Oct. 27
Where: Gettysburg, Pa.
Gettysburg pulled out three close sets to top McDaniel 3-0 with wins of 25-22, 25-19, and 26-24.
• Anna Jezerski (Ellicott City, Md./Howard) led the Green Terror with 16 kills.
• Brenna Campbell (Clarion, Pa./Clarion Area) recorded 35 assists, nine digs, and three aces.
FOR THE FOES
• Jordyn Horowitz led the Bullets with 11 kills.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Gettysburg jumped out to an early 14-4 lead in the first set. McDaniel responded with a diverse attack closing the gap to 19-17. With a late kill by Anna Jezerski, the Green Terror pulled within one point and the Bullets were forced to call a timeout. Gettysburg regrouped and closed out the first set, 25-22.
• The second set featured six ties. Knotted at 7-all, the Bullets pushed ahead to take a 19-13 lead to force a timeout but maintained the adavntage in the six-point win.
• The third set had 16 ties and neither team took a lead larger than three at any point. Zanze Kube-McCoy had four kills and an ace early to keep the Bullets in contention. Trailing 23-22, Gettysburg called a timeout. Cat Holtz tied it up with a kill and Horowitz, who had led the Bullets all night, finished off the match with a kill of her own for the match winner.
THE INSIDE STORY
• Kathy Taveras (Columbia, Md./Howard) anchored the Green Terror defense with eight digs.
• Allyson Burgee (Fairfax, Va./Robinson Secondary School) added seven kills and three digs and a block.
The Green Terror concludes the season at Franklin & Marshall on Saturday. Match time is 1 p.m.